Group Demands Swift Prosecution Over Alleged Sexual Abuse, Intimidation Case

A civil society organisation, the Coalition of Human Rights Movement for Accountability and Justice, has called on the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons to fast-track the prosecution of Mr. Bartholomew Osundu over allegations of sexual abuse, coercion, intimidation and dehumanisation.
The group, working alongside Yakubu Philemon, SAN & Co, said the law firm had earlier petitioned NAPTIP on April 10, 2026, on behalf of an alleged victim, Sunday Chinaza Osondu, requesting a thorough investigation and prosecution of the suspect.
Addressing journalists in Abuja, the coalition’s convener, Comrade Sunday Yusuf, expressed concern that powerful individuals could interfere with the case and frustrate the course of justice.
According to him, the public briefing became necessary following fears that the allegations might be swept aside despite their gravity.
“This informed our decision to address the public alongside Yakubu Philemon, SAN & Co, who were the first to file a petition before others came forward with similar allegations against the same suspect,” Yusuf stated.
The coalition further alleged that four additional complainants had separately visited the NAPTIP headquarters in Abuja to report similar experiences involving the suspect.
It also claimed that some of the alleged victims, said to have worked under Osundu, were forced to resign from their jobs due to repeated abuse and intimidation.
The organisation said reports and testimonies linked to the suspect had also emerged from different parts of the Federal Capital Territory, including Kubwa, Dei-Dei and Galadimawa, where he allegedly resided at various times.
The group urged authorities to ensure that the matter is handled transparently and without interference, insisting that justice must be delivered for all affected persons.
“Our demand is simple: let the prosecution proceed without delay and allow justice to prevail for the victims,” the coalition declared.
The organisation maintained that the allegations had left the complainants traumatised and called for anyone found culpable to face the full weight of the law.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More